Sunday 27 September 2015

Make a Mask of Yourself brief - Testing and Development

To be honest, I didn't really do much testing during the making process. Once I get an idea in my head I usually like to just get it down straight away, and unless there are problems with my original idea that I hadn't forseen, I don't develop it much.

I decided during my initial ideas that I wanted to draw a fox face on a paper bag, as I had already made the connection that foxes dig through rubbish, so I thought it would suit the concept.

From looking at pictures of foxes, I decided it might be a good idea to have the fox have something in its mouth from the bag/bins, as that's obviously why they scavenge. I then thought it could be my favourite food, to relate a bit more about myself through the mask, but my favourite food is chicken Katsu curry, which I thought might be quite hard to draw in a fox's mouth. So in the end I settled on a chicken drumstick to represent it.

I drew the face on the bag with pencil, painted it with acrylics and outlined it in pen. Voila.

No comments:

Post a Comment