Saturday 15 October 2016

SB1 - final images & crit




What went well:
  • The colour red was a good choice for the tone of her work. Because I have chosen to look at her work from a humourous perspective, I think the red still conveys the dark tone, but isn't too dark.
  • They are funny! Or at least I think they are.
  • They communicate her work well, as well as adding my own twist on it.


What didn't go well:
  • I rushed these outcomes. They're not as polished as I would like them to be.
  • The composition, particularly of the portrait format, isn't very well fleshed out.
  • Although I've used different tones of one colour, I think adding another colour, like black or possibly dark blue, for the lines would have benefitted the visual quality.
  • I switched media halfway through! Th watercolour I used n the landscape format was quite annoying to work with and I flt in a rush, so I switched to 'red' ink which was quicker, but the colour didn't match.


What I'll do differently next time:
  • Work bigger and shrink my work down! Many comic artists do this (and artists in general), because it is too fiddly to work at print size, and you can't see all the little mistakes as well when it's shrunk down.
  • Add a second colour.
  • Give myself enough time!
  • Work digitally - I still haven't played around with Photoshop and my graphics tablet as much as I wold have liked to, partly because of my bad time management, and partly because I'm scared of failing.
  • Don't be scared of failure!
I might re-do these images at a later date, to a standard I am happier with.


No comments:

Post a Comment