Friday 29 January 2016

3D and lens 'mutation' task!

For this task I decided to explore the idea of fingers turning into worms. My inspiration for the idea came from just looking around my room and spotting a tub of plasticine I've had for a couple of years. 

I was already thinking about doing something with animals as I'm interested in animals and have also recently been watching a lot of documentaries about them on Netflix.

Also, plasticine is super fun to play with! How many people get to do that as part of their degree???


This is the start of my modelling - I did initially have some trouble with working out how I was going to attach the worms to my fingers, as I wanted them all to be in different stages of growth. I don't have the skill (or enough plasticine) to make it look as realistic as my skin, so I thought it might look a bit out of place stuck on to my actual fingers.

Then I thought I could cover my whole hand in plasticine and then blend the worms in, but again I didn't have enough.

So then I decided to craft whole fingers out of plasticine and cover up the bases with long sleeves.


These are my final models! I thought I actually did quite well with the fingers! I think they look pretty realistic, at least from a distance.

I did have a bit of trouble experimenting with the colour of the segment separators and the bit in the middle (I'm sure there's a word for it but I don't know it). In hindsight I do think the black looks a bit too harsh and more cartoon-like, but once I finished I didn't want to take it off as I knew the black would blend into the pink, and I had run out of pink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment