Monday 4 January 2016

Struggles

Before Christmas I was struggling a bit with mild depression, caused by a number of things, including a disrupted sleeping pattern. I hit a low point in my motivation levels, and was struggling to complete work. After my initial research trip, I didn't manage to motivate myself over the Christmas break to do any more research, visual or otherwise. I've talked to Matt about this and over Christmas I've tried to fix my sleeping pattern among other things to help me get back on track.

I do really want to stay on the course and do well with it - I know I can! I've had these problems before around GCSE and A-Level time and managed to pull myself out of it. I just need to make sure I keep talking to people about it and not try to deal with it completely by myself.

I also had a talk with Matt about my ideas for the book, which was really helpful, considering I don't necessarily have as much research as some people. I think I want to focus on typography or mechanics of trains, but I know I want to experiment more with colour and shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment