Friday 11 December 2015

Shape + texture - evaluation/potential for further experimentation

Experimenting with brusho and a plastic card has really made me want to explore texture more. I shied away from it a bit before, thinking it wasn't really for me, and preferred block colour, but this has really opened my eyes to the possibilities within texture. These textures are kind of gritty and grainy, but full of depth and it makes the image more exciting.



It reminds me of one of my favourite artists, Boneface.



Although he uses a lot of block colour in his work too, he does incorporate texture, similar to the textures I experimented with.

Again, the animators of BoJack Horseman subtly incorporate teture into an otherwise very graphic and clean art style:


The watercolour texture on BoJack's skin and the texture in the building offer just a little bit more depth and make the image a bit more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment