Thursday 8 September 2016

3rd author?!

I did a quick Google search of each author after the briefing and identified a few I might be interested in. I've settled on Shakespeare and Angela Carter for 2 of them but I'm struggling to pick a 3rd. It's between these 3 as it's getting a bit close to when we have to hand this in anyway!


  • Ursula Le Guin
  • George Orwell
  • Cormac McCarthy

I read some of A Wizard of Earthsea by Le Guin, but it didn't really grab me. I like fantasy fiction,but this didn't really interest me that much.

George Orwell - I tried to read 1984 again (I've tried before), but just found it very slow and hard to get into. I usually really like dystopian fiction but this bored me a bit.

Similarly with Cormac McCarthy, I like dystopian fiction but the way he writes just irritates me! I can't get on with the fact that he doesn't really write dialogue. It's not in quotation marks, and that just really bothers me?? It's a shame because the book's been recommended to me a lot, and I feel like I would like it, but I just struggled to read more than a few pages after realising how he wrote dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment