Tuesday 24 November 2015

Hotdog book ideas development

Today in our group we went about coming up with ideas for our hotdog book. We all picked similar moments from the day to explore further - the pigeons, the beautiful statue and 'mustard titty' were the three moments that came up more than once. I drew out some roughs to see how they worked as narratives.


The statue moment I had a bit of trouble with making it interesting so I moved on from that idea, and I really liked exploring the North Bar adventures, but no-one else in the group really like that one, so I scrapped it. A few of the others really liked the pigeon idea, but it seemed a lot of people were doing pigeons so we opted for the 'mustard titty' in the end.

We all drew our own mock-ups and then picked recurring panels across all our mock-ups for the final one and divvied up who would be drawing what. That was a bit weird because in a group project you've got to be fair, even if you feel like you want to draw everything your own way! I picked my two panels but I kinda wanted to do the front too, just because I really like playing around with typography and thought my idea worked well. However, Hayley got the cover and she decided to incorporate the title into smoke coming from the grill. I was  bit disappointed but everyone liked that idea better it seemed so we stuck with that.

We decided on red and mustard yellow because ketchup and mustard.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment