Monday 9 November 2015

Visual Skills Brief 3 Crit






What was good
Everyone agreed my favourite two ideas were the best - the first and last images. The concepts are the clearest and they illustrate what the book's about well.

What I can improve
  • Instead of having separate images on the back cover, extend the front cover image - i.e. swap the face direction in the first one and have the snakes extend to the back cover. I agree this is a better way of illustrating the back. For the last one similarly have the tape measures extend to the back. I think different sizes would also be good, different widths of the tape measures.
  • More drawing/development! I think although I did develop the ideas a bit in my sketchbook, I could have introduced colour and media instead of just focusing on roughs, to get a better idea of how the final cover would turn out. However, I had trouble choosing an idea and didn't want to start developing using colour etc. until I'd picked one. But I'm still having trouble so maybe experimenting with colour will help me choose.
  • Reference pictures - I did use reference pictures of myself and a mirror to draw the pose in the last on and the mouth in the first one, but I didn't add tape measures.
What I'm going to do now
  • Draw more - work out the ideas better and pick one
  • Introduce colour and different media to understand better how I will produce the final image
  • Buy some tape measures and get reference pictures of someone actually being constrained by tape measures 
  • Draw snakes from reference


No comments:

Post a Comment