Wednesday 11 November 2015

Line


From the drawing I'd already done based on punks, I selected this image to draw again with different line qualities.


I started off trying out different strengths of line and combining them. I think I was trying to do a lot of these too quickly, as you can see especially in the faces that I've not thought about them as much. I was trying to loosen myself up a bit by drawing straight on to paper with pen, something I've shied away from in the past, and also trying to draw quickly and stop being so analytical. However, I may have taken it too far with these!


I started to try to incorporate colour, something else I don't do a lot of! I like to stick to black pen because it's safe but I need to push myself more. I also liked the brush strokes of my new Pentel brush.





The two above were my favourite 'copies' of the original drawing, as I've thought more carefully about where the lines should be, as you can see by the sketchy quality. I need to get more confident in putting lines down without the sketchiness though. I appreciate how drawing the same thing many times can achieve this!


No comments:

Post a Comment