Sunday 18 October 2015

OUIL404 Visual Language - Reference Drawing



These are my 3 favourite drawings from the day of drawing from reference. The first is an image of a hippo, the second in a set of 3 drawings I did from one photograph. The first one of this set didn't quite look like the photograph, but by having a second go at it, I managed to get the shape and forms more in the right place. I enjoyed the exercise of drawing the same image multiple times because it does actually help me get things where they're supposed to be - I usually just run out and try again, but this is far more helpful, as I get to keep my original drawings to see where I went wrong and how I can improve.

The second and third images were similarly in a set of 3 drawings I did from one photograph, the final two after I had some practice on the first one! These two turned out better I think because I'd had some time to figure out where the lines went and my hand got used to drawing those specific shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment