Tuesday 27 October 2015

Photoshop Workshop - Adding Textures

The next thing we did on Photoshop was learn to add textures. Since my image is of a hippo in water, I decided I wanted a swampy, gurney texture, which I thought could be conveyed well with watercolour. In future, I will experiment with my own textures, but for now I just found one on Google images. I placed the image into my Photoshop file and resized it.
I then multiplied the layer to integrate it into my drawing. Then, using a layer mask, I selected areas I didn't want the texture to appear on using the lasso and magic wand tools and deleted them.

I decided that I also wanted the watercolour texture on the water, but horizontally instead of vertically. So I did the same again, but rotated the texture on a new layer. I also made the background a bit darker, again with a mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment