Tuesday 27 October 2015

Photoshop Workshop - converting image to line

The first thing I learned in the Photoshop workshop was how to make my black and white line drawing into just line, as in delete all the white space on the same layer. I did this by first using the Levels tool (cmmd + L) to increase the contrast on my lines and make them bolder.
After that, I went to the Select button on the toolbar and chose colour range. I made sure in the top box it said sampled range and then used the eye dropper tool to select the white areas. I then selected highlights and played around with the range to include more or less grey areas, although since mine was more or less completely black and white, I didn't move the arrow much.
I then clicked OK and it had made a selection of all the white areas of my drawing. I simply pressed delete and voila, I was left with just line! This way of converting an image into line is much quicker than a way I previously learned from using Photoshop in the past.
Finally, I re-named the layer as line and added a layer below it filled with white as my background.

No comments:

Post a Comment