Friday 26 February 2016

Fan Art ideas visual research

Because of the idea I had for a gig poster, I started looking at existing gig posters for inspiration. A few I found that were interesting: 







I particularly like the simplicity of the Pulp one - just a figure in monochrome with simple colours in the background, the band name big in white negative space. The rule of thirds is clear - the areas of text are spilt into thirds of the image, and further divided by the background colours. There's also a few clear lines of sight - the strip of Blue leading you from the figure to the band to the date and place. The figure also points and looks back to the text. This is my main inspiration in a gig poster.

Similarly, what I like about the others is that they have limited colour palettes so that you're not focusing on too much information, only what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment