Thursday 10 March 2016

Ch-ch-ch-changes (postcards)



After experimenting with the geometric technique I had a couple of doubts.


  • Is this idea innovative enough?
  • Is it boring and unimaginative to basically copy a photo?
Although it may not be the most innovative idea I've had, I am challenging myself already by using vectors and attempting the geometric shape layout. And I have had other ideas!! Plus, as Matt pointed out when he spoke to me, there is actually quite a bit market for this sort of 'boring' stuff, because it appeals to the masses.




He showed me Stan Chow's work which I've seen before but never noted the artist. I like his use of shape and colour, particularly the gradients (need to incorporate that!!), and Matt also suggested that I could incorporate some innovation into my work by perhaps exaggerating some features, as Chow does.

I could enlarge Liam's hair and eyebrows, and make the glasses smaller for comic effect for example! Or elongate some necks.

Matt did also point out that I don't have super long left to do this (I know I've left it a bit late, again), so perhaps getting it done this way is the best at the cost of innovation. Oh well, at least I can maybe sell some!

After my talk with Matt I think the image at the top is a bit too complex. Doesn't need as many colours/shapes within the face to convey the meaning - simplify!!

No comments:

Post a Comment