Monday 14 March 2016

FINISHED POSTCARDS




What went well:
  • I managed to complete a task using vectors! The thought of this was quite daunting at first because I'd never used Illustrator before, but once I got the hang of it, it wasn't so bad to use, and is a skill I might attempt to refine in the future, if I get another brief where it seems appropriate. Perhaps CoP
  • I strayed from my usual practice of focusing on detail, and instead focused on shape, symbol and colour.
  • I looked at a few artists to help influence my work, using methods and skills from their practice to influence my own work.



What didn't go well:
  • Time management! Still something I struggle with, especially during the initial stages of a brief. I can get stuck in if there's a buzz in the studio and everyone's working right after we're set a new brief, but then my motivation can start to lack once we have to manage our own time.
  • I'm not sure that these final postcards are innovative enough. I started out quite ambitious but was forced to hone down my ideas due to time restraints and my limited skills with Illustrator, as well as own ideas.
  • I'm not sure I 100% stuck to the brief - these don't necessarily immediately portray cities, as the brief suggests, I focused on character and people instead, which is what I'm passionate about, but could have considered the cities themselves more in my final outcomes.  



What I would do differently next time:
  • Manage my time better and start the process of ideas generation sooner.
  • Generate more ideas directly related to the brief, i.e. the cities rather than the people.
  • Innovate!



No comments:

Post a Comment