Monday 14 March 2016

Value


I got my photographer flatmate to take this picture of my outfit. It's not the best thought out photograph, as I was a bit rushed for time (had to get a train), but the basic experimentation with colour is there.

I've recently used the colour picker tool in the postcard brief for visual language, picking colours from album covers to match the people who were representing the cities I chose. It's a simple but useful tool for creating palettes that work well together.

I often look at other artists' work and even photographs for inspiration in colour palettes for my own work, and it's a useful task for getting the balance of colour right. There's only a tiny bit of yellow in my outfit but your eye is immediately drawn to it, so in a way it does dominate the image. It's also quite useful to use a muted palette with one or two complimentary colours, such as in the palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment