Thursday 3 March 2016

FAN ART FINALE!

The finished posters!





Things that went well:

  • None of the images came out 'perfectly', but there are a couple where the blue layer kinda fades on the left side, which actually helps give the image more depth, as my aim was to make it look like light was being cast on the figure.
  • I used roughs a lot during this brief, a lot more than any other brief I think, and they really helped me to figure out my composition and problem solve to get the best result.
  • I also started to incorporate colour into my roughs more, which I haven't done as much previously, and it really did help me to work the specifics of the final image.
  • I actually like the prints on the cheaper papers best, as the colours came out brighter on the whiter paper, and the lines were somewhat thinner.
  • The colours came out well on all of them though - I planned to have them overlap and create darker areas of line and shadow, and it worked really well!
Things that went wrong:
  • The text at the bottom giving the details of the imaginary gig aren't very clear, as the half-tone dots start to become smaller and more spaced out, so the writing blends in and becomes hard to read unless you're looking at a certain angle. I did consider having this text in blue instead because of this, but thought it would draw the focus away from the band name in white.

This has probably been the task that I put the most effort into, because of the nature of it. I was obviously interested in the brief and need to work on translating that passion into every brief. Find the fun and the job's a game, Mary Poppins and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment