Sunday 15 January 2017

SB3 Proposal: production & presentation of my moving pictures

Key:
My original proposal
Changes I made along the way


I intend to produce:
3 10 second stings, each focusing on a different narrative I came up with, based on the story (and titular character of) Wolf Alice, from The Bloody Chamber. 

1 30 second sting focusing on the double page spread dog show from my book. I originally intended this to be one of my 10 second stings, but due to not leaving enough time for myself to make 2 short stings, I had to opt for the longer one. It seemed harder to do one big one, but I think it was actually easier as it's all one file.

Plus, once I got started with the 30 second sting, I realised that 10 seconds was actually nowhere near enough time to do everything I wanted to do with the dogs and Alice.


The content will focus on:

  • Wolf Alice (the story, and character as a concept)
  • Humour - putting a feral wolf girl into modern society and situations and showing how she would react to them in a comical way.
  • Narrative - creating my own story from pieces of Carter's.

I will be aiming to communicate:
  • Humour - light-hearted and slightly dark (it would have been darker humour if I had produced a sting of the idea where Alice eats a rat that her flatmate is scared of)
  • Communicating a sense of character in both Alice and the people/animals she interacts with

To an audience of:
  • People like me, similar in age - students/young people aged 16-24
  • Fans of Angela Carter
  • Fans of dark humour (or silly humour)

No comments:

Post a Comment