Monday 9 January 2017

Screenprinting (finally)

I only just managed to get myself into the print room today - bad time management on my part. I've not been feeling very motivated these past few weeks.

Anyway - I printed some positives of the image I'd created in Photoshop combining monoprint and lino textures. The top print actually went wrong - I realised after printing a few copies that I'd put pink ink in the blue screen, so I started over with the colours the right way round:
I quite like this one - the blue and red overlapping look like what you see through 3D glasses, which is quite trippy. I'm not sure that it's that appropriate for the style of the rest of my book though. A bit too psychedelic.


This one is probably my favourite. The pink layer hasn't quite come through that clearly, but that actually gives the image a nice gradient and balance of colour. Plus the lighter pink actually looks more delicate and feminine, which is quite ironic and amusing considering she's supposed to be a feral girl.

I think I have my front cover! I might just up the saturation in Photoshop to make it match the rest of my comic pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment