Wednesday 16 November 2016

Better lino!

After talking to Ben, I went to the print room and had another play around with lino:




I've enjoyed using lino in the past, and this time I tried to take Ben's advice and just play a bit more, trying not to think too much about my personal style.

I think because my style is quite line-based, lino isn't necessarily the print process for me. I do enjoy it, but the prospect of printing my whole book using lino doesn't appeal to me - I'm not sure the kind of aesthetic achieved by lino is the kind of aesthetic i want my work to have.

However, I do want to continue to play around with print processes, since I've been lacking motivation this term, and I want to play around with texture particularly - something i've not done much of before - which is what lino and monoprint are perfect for. I also want to take these textures into photoshop and play with combining them!

At this point in my practice, I'm fairly confident that screen printing will be the most appropriate method for producing my book, but I could still work on incorporating some textures from other print processes, especially while i haven't actually started any screen-printing yet.

So the next step is to create some monoprint textures!

No comments:

Post a Comment