Wednesday 9 November 2016

Potential screen print

I've been having trouble with my 'style' - I don't know what it is! It's been putting me off drawing for this project and extending my ideas beyond rough thumbnails. But I've been doodling the character 'Wolf Alice' in my sketchbook over and over in an attempt to find my style and doodled this:



So I liked this and blew it up a bit on the photocopier, and then traced it with blue and pink to get an overlapping third colour, and I think I have some potential positives for my screen print induction!


I might try to make the positives digitally, as I do want to work on my digital skills, but I might try to loosen up a bit and instead make rougher, sketchier positives with chinagraph pencil on kodatrace (or very dark permanent marker), and just trace freehand where the colours will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment