Saturday 19 November 2016

Study Task 4 - 3 animated shorts that use After Effects

INNERVIEWS from Chen Winner on Vimeo.

I loved watching this one when we were shown it in the studio - it's fascinating! It must have taken such a long time in After Effects.

One thing I really like is the moving texture - this is something I want to make use of in my own stings, in the dog show one for example, I want to have the floor moving across. I also like how Winner has kept the screen printed look by using overlapping colours.

How We Got To Now / Montage (Emmy Winner) from Peepshow Collective on Vimeo

In this one I like the combination of different aesthetics, some collage, some hand drawn lines. I also like how the type seems to be written on to the screen - I'd like to learn how to do that.

WILDWOOD by Colin Meloy, illustrated by Carson Ellis from HarperTeen on Vimeo.

This one is quite simple, but I like the use of layers - how the characters and animals seem to move through the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment