Tuesday 22 November 2016

More playing!

I've been experimenting more with my lino cut and monoprint textures in Photoshop today!


These are the first two I created - I'm really enjoying adding texture to my work! I'm still sure I don't want to use lino throughout my whole publication, but I might use one of these images for the cover, after a bit more work.


I changed the opacity on the blue texture layer to see potentially how the inks would overlay if I screen-printed this image. There's none of the original colour to compare it to here (there is on the next one!) but I think this image would look good screen printed, and then it would combine all 3 print processes! 


This one is my personal favourite. Although I like the textures in the other two, and they all convey the feral-ness of the character Wolf Alice, I think this one's simplicity would compliment the tone of the rest of my publication as a cover. I think screen printing it would add extra depth as the colours would probably mis-align, and it might actually benefit the image. 

I might yet add a bit more texture into the image, maybe to convey where the floor is to give a sense of depth, and play around with adding text as a title.



No comments:

Post a Comment