Tuesday 1 November 2016

SB2 Ideas!


As Ben suggested in my last talk with him - I should be focusing on creating my own narratives out of Carter's work, as that's what I'm primarily interested in - writing stories! Funny stories! I've done a few quick brain storms and jotted down some rough thumbnail sketches of ideas:


I'm hoping to screen print the whole book, so I'm already thinking about the colours I will use. I thing a low-middle key will work best for the kind of tone I want to portray - light-hearted and slightly dark humour. Pink or red and blue, overlaid to create a third colour too!

I'm also challenging myself to not use text, as I usually use dialogue in my comics a lot. I want to challenge myself to tell the story purely through image.

I'm going to incorporate monoprint textures into my images and maybe even some lino (the dogs?).

I think screen printing the whole book might be a bit ambitious, but if I can stay focused, I'm sure I can get it done!

I think the comic will be told in a series of different formats - maybe each page is a self contained strip, all with different formats, i.e. 4 panels, 3 panels, square, rectangular etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment